Excited to announce that I’ll be making a game for the Now Play This festival in London, The Silence in Room 1258, a self-paced examination of ephemera from a 1930s Hollywood hotel after a paranormal incident. It’s an expansion of my interest in storytelling through ephemera and letters, and I can’t wait for festival-goers to be able to sit down with it.
For the Global Game Jam this year, Hagen Deloss and I made a physical card game about reconstituting a dead body with alchemical science. Players make organs and cast spells before the lightning strikes or festering sets in. We went into the weekend aiming to have a functioning mechanical prototype that we could develop further at a different date, and to lock down the imagery, pacing, feel, and flow of the game. Continue reading
I designed an escape room experience in partnership with iam8bit in Los Angeles and Capcom for the 20th anniversary of the Resident Evil franchise, incorporating elements of past and future game environments to surprise players unfamiliar with the games, and delight those who know them intimately. This version of the room ran in October and November 2016. A national tour version ran in Spring 2017.
- Selected Press Coverage
- GameCrate, “The Resident Evil Escape Experience Offers a Tense Challenge for Franchise Fans”
- Bloody Disgusting, “[REVIEW] iam8bit’s “Resident Evil Escape Experience” is a Blast for Fans of the Series and Escape Rooms Alike”
- Inverse, “Inside the ‘Resident Evil’ Escape Room”
- Nerd Reactor, “Resident Evil Escape Experience brings survival horror to life”
- Rolling Stone, “Escape Room Experience Tries to Replicate ‘Resident Evil’ in Real Life”
I consulted with Bottleneck Immersive for an escape room at the Alamo Drafthouse in Austin, Texas during Fantastic Fest 2016, helping develop and unify puzzle and design components for a fun and cohesive player experience. (Images via Nerdist)
This summer, I worked with Mo Cohen and Hagen Deloss to create Tarotno, a divination card game for up to four players, for a PIGSquad game jam. We showcased it at a PIGSquad event and at XOXO Tabletop 2016. Continue reading